Updated: 17 October 2018
Walkie talkies have become popular with kids nowadays. Not only do they provide you (as a parent) with a way to contact and monitor your kids but also a way for the kids to have fun playing.
Have you ever watched kids play spy with walkie-talkies? Aren’t they just adorable? There are hundreds of different models available today. Choosing one for your kids can be a daunting task.
So what should you look out for? What are best walkie talkies for kids right now?
What to consider when choosing Walkie-talkies
- The range is key. The longer the better.
- Rechargeable Vs Batteries. Are you in a position to plug in regularly. If you are camping you may want to get ones with batteries.
- Go for walkie-talkies that are robust. Weatherproof ones will be a plus. Just in case… you know, kids will always be kids.
Now that we know what we are looking for. Here’s a detailed review of the 3-top-rated kids walkie talkies today.
USA Toyz Long Range Walkie Talkies for Kids
Priding itself in providing the “walkie” in walkie-talkie… It’s not all bluff. They indeed walk the talk.
This 3-mile range voice-activated toy will let you reach your kids three miles away without the press of a button. It features up to 22 channels and 9 sub-channels for a wide talky experience.
It has well-labeled buttons an ergonomic design, backlit LCD screen and LED flashlight. It has a 3-mile range and voice activation for ease of use.
- Long range up to 3 miles.
- Ease of use- voice activations and well-labeled buttons.
- Comes with a detachable belt clip.
- Available for both girls and boys.
- Uses batteries therefore not rechargeable.
Kidzlane Durable Walkie Talkies: Easy to Use for Boys & Girls
Get up to two miles range with this easy to use toy from Kidzlane. All you have to do is push the button and you are good to go. It’s a good children’s walkie talkie.
It features a playful design with led indicators that will get your kids hooked from the very moment you gift it to them. It has a push to talk button and a range of up to two miles. You can get a crystal clear voice in its 3 channels and a 100% money back guarantee.
- A long range of up to 2 miles.
- A playful design to appeal to kids.
- Channel LED indicators.
- Designed for both boy and girls.
- Limited function as it only has one button.
- It doesn’t have a screen.
Marvel Spiderman Kid Friendly Walkie Talkie
To wrap up, If your kid is a superhero nerd you may want to be keen for now. This model might help in the next mission to save Spiderman. Its design is superb and kids especially boys will love it.
It features adjust volume buttons, LED power indicator lights and a push to talk button. The range is considered good according to previous buyers.
The design is wow especially if your kids are Marvel fans.
- Superb design and branding – Spiderman.
- Easy to use – just push up the button and you are good to go.
- Fairly long range.
- Lacks a screen and has limited functions.
- Does not come with belt clips.
The festive season is coming up and high-quality kid toy walkie talkie might just be the best gift idea for your kids.