Updated: 16 October 2018
Unlike adults, baby’s skin is still developing and is more sensitive. The best shampoo for kids should be mild – without preservatives or chemicals that can harm their skin.
The gentle formula used in baby shampoo soothes and softens your baby’s hair and skin. It has just enough power to remove dirt without irritating the skin or causing dryness. If you’re a first-time parent or you’re looking to replace your kids’ shampoo, this review offers insightful information to help you out.
Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
As the name suggests, Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash is a natural shampoo for kids. It is made of natural plant products and a dash of essential oils.
It is clinically developed by doctors to suit all skin types including those with sensitive skin, cradle cap, and eczema. It contains nourishing ingredients like sea salt, citrus grove, and pink grapefruit.
- It is hypoallergenic with a pH-balanced formula suitable for daily use.
- Contains sea salt. A natural skin purifier.
- It is infused with a natural coconut-based cleanser to soothe your baby’s skin.
- It does not contain harsh chemicals and is tear-free.
- Contains vegetable moisturizers for soft skin.
- The natural minerals hydrate and protect your baby’s skin from cracking or peeling.
- Some parents would prefer it aroma-free.
- You have to use quite a bit to make a bubble bath.
Cetaphil Tear & Paraben Free Shampoo
The hypoallergenic formula in Cetaphil Tear & Paraben Free Shampoo blends with organic calendula to gently clean your baby’s sensitive skin.
It foams rather quickly and you only need one rinse to wash it out. This 2-in-1 shampoo is not too watery and easily spreads on the skin or hair.
- Lathers quickly and washes off with ease.
- Does not sting the eye (Tear-free).
- Flash the calming effects of calendula to soothe your baby’s skin or hair.
- Does not cause dryness or itchiness.
- Dermatologically tested and approved.
- The bottle is non-slip and has a stopper to prevent spillage.
- It does not contain paraben, colorant or oil.
- Some parents prefer unscented shampoo.
- A dispenser would have been easier to use.
SheaMoisture Safe Shampoo & Conditioner
Kids hair can be messy. SheaMoisture Mango & Carrot Kids Shampoo & Conditioner moisturizes your kid’s hair leaving it soft and smooth. The mango and carrot extracts protect against hair breakage and promote growth.
It is specifically formulated for delicate and dry hair. Trusted for more than 100 years, SheaMoisture Safe Shampoo & Conditioner is a top-rated kids shampoo for soft hair.
- Keeps your baby’s hair tangle-free.
- Flash certified organic ingredients to nourish and strengthen children’s hair.
- Contains orange extract that soothes the scalp.
- Flash an amazing smell.
- Carrot and mango oils leave your baby’s hair silky smooth.
- Does not contain parabens, Sulfates, paraffin, aluminum or dye.
- The product is quite expensive compared to other brands.
- Might not be ideal for thin hair.
When looking for high-quality children’s shampoos, you want to check the ingredients. If you value organic products, go for aloe vera, calendula or oats.
You don’t want harsh chemicals that will affect your baby’s skin. It’s also advisable to determine if your baby has sensitive or delicate skin so that you can find the right shampoo.